The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Meeting!

For the first time ever we middle school Library Media Assistants got to have a meeting during our working day to just discuss being in Middle School Libraries. It was amazing! We talked inventories and lost books and titles (Associate or Assitant, I said still made us an “Ass.”) We talked Hour of Code, Makerspaces, and got to talk with the district Technology Coordinator who is supposed to help all the district become more tech savvy. It was a good time. Before that, I put away all the non-fiction that had built up over the week and straightened out some of the shelves and read shelves that I saw were definitely out of order. When I got back to my desk, I had around 45 emails! Oh my! All because some poor lady hit to send to the entire district instead of just her school that someone had left a pumpkin roll on the front counter. Thank goodness most people disregarded it, but many ‘replied to all’ and thus the other 43 emails! There were more here and there throughout the morning, but with thousands of employees, we’re pretty lucky that only about 70 or so replied to everyone! I worked on new books today, adding some to my lists and some that I liked, but were not age appropriate, so they went on the wayside. I am really tending towards graphic novels, so I need to watch that. Then my sub came and I took off for my meeting. After the meeting I headed back to Leslie to score volleyball. Huzzah!

No comments: