The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Just a Thursday

Helped Mr. T with getting his DVD to play. Our regular computer wouldn’t play the DVD so I had him get his surface pro and we got it all hooked up to the wireless projector and it worked! Yeah, we did it! So then he’d be all ready for his Peer Helper class during 6th period. I took all the books I had from the YALSA books I picked up from Salem Public Library and let my aides pick a new book for them to take home as a thank you for all their hard work. Then I sent out an email to the LA teachers that I had a book for each of them. They just have to let me know. I printed up a list of all the lost books we have, over $5,800 worth and started going through the list of which ones I needed to replace and which ones I’d let go. I found a new hedgehog book! The one that was lost was from 1997 but this one was just 2015. I was excited! We’ll see if I can get it. Our suppliers don’t carry it, so they’d need to order on Amazon. We’ll see if I get it! I ordered some books on my replacement orders. I had an announcement that was supposed to go out today, and it didn’t. I was a bit upset. I had information about students getting their books in so they don’t get billed during grading next week. So I redid the ‘Leslie Announcements’ and copied our principal, our assistant principal and our office manager. Hopefully tomorrow. 

No comments: