The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Seven J’s

I started the day with getting books ordered for one of our teachers. They are scattered all over the district and I had to send an individual request to each and every school. I was glad to get that done before school started. I also Kercheski’d out two class sets of math books only to find I was short books. I asked around and one of the other middle schools had ten she could lend me, so I jumped on that. Hopefully that will give me enough to squeak us through. As things shift, I went from ten aides yesterday to twelve today. Ugh! Hopefully I’ll survive them all!  I had the aides from yesterday work on the shelving program, ‘Order in the Library’ and the two new ones I gave orientation to. As they worked on the program I had them write down where they were through the levels and noticed that of my twelve aides, I have seven who’s first name starts with a J! Too funny! I had classes in for six periods, three of them I did a quick book talk for. Two of the books got checked out (yeah!!). I started training on checking in/out books for them while classes came in. I had to put some books away because we had the whole shelving cart packed and had to bring in another cart. Helped aides with the copier machine. Put in three reams of paper. Laminated this afternoon. Put the two K’nex roller coaster boxes in a tub for next month’s STEAM Tuesdays. Pulled out the Scholastic preview books to see what they are. There are two I’m not sure if they are age appropriate. T’was a busy day, now off to learn what I might have for a retirement.

No comments: