The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, January 14, 2019

Ready for STEAM!

Today I worked most of the day on my projects for STEAM day tomorrow! I was so excited! Our tech liason came in and we both put together the Raspberry Pi carts. I went out to try and find three AV carts to put them on. Found them right in the old student store and in the room behind it. I got all the stuff on the carts and when Ms. K came in, we pulled out the parts and fit things together. We each did two carts, so now I feel really comfortable with the components and how they are hooked up. I like that Mr. S sent me a picture of his ‘ovens’ that helped us out! I made a poster. Changed the bulletin board that’s under the clock - advertising when the students come in and have to sign in and look at the clock to get the time in and out. We ran the Raspberry Pi program, shut it down, restarted it to see if we got everything connected. They seem to be running perfectly! I took home a Rubik’s Cube, messed it up and finally got it all back together! Only about three hours later! I also did a set of Rubik cube mosaic pictures for students to try. I’ll keep them so they can keep working on them until I have to send them back. I also got out colored pencils in  cube colors and some graph paper so students can make their own mosaics to try! Should be a great day tomorrow! I did another piece of my Python class while teachers had their meeting this afternoon. What a great day!

No comments: