The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Puzzling Student

I had a great first period today. First period had one aide in and we sat and worked on the puzzle together and I just talked with him. He’s usually pretty quiet and since the library was quiet I really spent some time just talking. It was the best part of my day. Just a quiet boy, with some family issues, but such a good hearted guy. Checked in books. Did some more stats. Sent in an order to get in more puzzles for next year. 8,098 books checked out. 1,568 textbooks checked out. 263 classroom visits but we had 1,162 possibilities. 4,416 students came in on individual passes. The rest of the day was all right. Had to get more copy paper, so I went upstairs and they let me have a box. Had to change the toner as well. Did get the puzzle done! Yeah! But it’s missing a piece. Drats. Too bad. Checked in a bunch of the AEM/AT devices for our students. I still have about 10 out there that need to come back so they can be picked up tomorrow. I check them in, take off the old tag, put on a new one, check them off my list of items at Leslie, write down who it was that turned it in and the date (teacher brought or student brought in?). Had both lunches in, one set of students has been crazy a lot this year. Today they drew a picture of someone and left it and the colored pencils on a table and it was labeled ‘You Suck!’  So, whoever it was, not ok. Left a little early to take the Snap Circuit set back to LMSS and asked about the headphones I thought were missing, and maybe not. They are not on the inventory list and the box they had at LMSS did not have headphones either, so maybe they weren’t missing because they weren’t there. I put that in my car and realized that I had never taken in the large combs that Ms. V asked me to get for her and they were still there, so I took them back into the building and put them in her office so I don’t forget again!

No comments: