The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Fog Curled Like a Cat

Loved watching the fog outside the windows today, all nestled and curled around the trees outside. It was truly lovely. Spent most of the day working on the math inventory. Had students in for lunch and MakerSpace activities with 4 hammers! I put in an order for those ones I found yesterday, so I’ll be glad to get those hammers back to their homes. Almost at 50% for the math inventory and even found one more math title to get rid of! Best news? My Follett order is on its way to the school! Now that’s a delivery I’m anxiously awaiting! My aides were playing with water and cups. They had filled the cups, put a plastic ‘lid’ on them, turned them over and the lid would stay on by itself. Very nice. Very creative. They left the mugs on the counter, but didn’t clean up the water like I wanted them to. So I went in the next period and decided to clean up, there was water around them, ‘ah, kids!!’ Then I picked up a mug, that was upside down and filled with water. It went everywhere! I swept it with my sleeve into the sink, then pulled out a ton of paper towels and had to pull up two more mugs, yes, all filled with water. It did get under our microwave and on the floor. I did get most into the sink though. Glad the sink was right there. They obviously had too much time on their hands. I must think of something to keep them busy - insert evil emoji here. Had a teacher come in and get 30 books for her class at the end of the day. Scored the volleyball game after school. We lost, but hey, it was the first game of their term. I’ll be scoring on Tuesdays, four more to go! 

No comments: