The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Sign Sadness

Got in my car this morning at 33 degrees and thought how wonderful it was I didn’t have to put up Scholastic signs this morning. Then I saw my big sign hanging on the fence. Draped over it. I thought someone had cut the zip ties I had on it, and got some new ones from the custodian since I only had two left from yesterday putting it out. When I trekked out there, I saw that it had been pulled off the fence. Grommets and all. The top and bottom of the sign looked shredded where the grommets had been. The grommets were still zip tied to the fence. It was an old sign, but still would have worked for the rest of the year. There’s no way I could fix that, so I took it to the trash compactor and threw it in. Made me very sad 😞 .  But the fair went on! I had to take most of the morning to set it up since I didn’t get a chance last night and still had students coming in to buy stuff. I love that I set up the money box with change and have all my money I put into the change all back by the end of the first day. Just barely, but close enough! Had lunches in, ten students for five minute spots. Worked out a set of students coming in with the lunch crew. Got some email addresses from parent volunteers who would like to help with the fair, so I emailed them about the schedule when I would like them in if they could now, or possibly in the future. So that was a good end to the day.

No comments: