The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, November 18, 2019

Jumbled

I think it is a jumbled day and as I look back at what I did? I’m not too sure!! A student wanted a book that I needed to glue and I forgot to do it Friday, so that was the first thing I did. The Scholastic Book Fair arrived today, and I actually didn’t need to go out and meet the truck, the custodian did and they brought down all the cases. I found room for them in the back rooms. With the Spirit of Unity awards, I wanted it out of the way, so it wouldn’t eclipse the awards. They are too important. Put out a new puzzle today, and two of the pieces needed a bit of help, so I colored oned and glued two back together. Most pieces of cardboard, are in layers, and it looked like one had gotten wet, so I peeled the layers apart, glued each layer and then set them under books to dry for the night. Sent out a book, wanted to do another one, but it really needed some glue for the spine back, so I glued that and will send it tomorrow. We had a special AVID day. I had my aides, and our other library person, and two aides from the office and we went through the long presentation to see where the students are at in regard to thinking about graduation and how their habits at school can lead to success in life. They had worksheets to do and a step path to color in to see if they were on their way or needed help. So we were on an assembly schedule today, and it was different to have short classes. Put away books. Talked to all my aides today that I wanted the library to be totally excellent and no one would notice anything out of place since the library will be the reception place for the award ceremony on Wednesday. I also reminded them that book reviews were due on Friday. Had both lunches in but no  MakerSpace stuff until after the book fair is over. Sent an email to the office to get the book fair on the Leslie website. So, I guess I did more than I thought! A crazy Monday!

No comments: