The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, November 1, 2019

Puzzling Piece


This morning I worked on making a new puzzle piece to replace the one that went missing. It made me angry that it was a brand new puzzle and boys were throwing pieces down each other’s backs, and around. So, I took a copy of a pic of the puzzle, and cropped it then got it to the right size, printed it out. Then because I had to enlarge the original picture, the colors had faded a bit, so I got out the colored pencils and etched in colors closer to the missing piece. I thought it turned out rather well! I glued three pieces of old folders together to hopefully get about the right thickness and let everything set for over the weekend. Maybe I can be a lost puzzle piece guru! After that I hit the math books. So many old things laying around and I went in clearing off the top shelves of the math area and deleting old books and resources. I started to compile a list for our textbook person to clear off the titles that no longer had copies. I ended the day with deleting all the Oregon Focus math books we had. I emailed all the math teachers and asked them to come and grab what they wanted if they wanted any. I was putting books everywhere, deleting books everywhere, or as I told our textbook guru, I was getting down and dirty, literally. Garten came and picked up my pallet, so I’m glad the first 31 boxes of this year are gone. I have two more boxes started and getting ready for the next set. Glad they could get it while the weather held! I’m tired, but I think I have most of the old math stuff done and out of there. On to the books we do have for the inventory side!

No comments: