The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Math Manipulatives



I just had to put in a picture of the art city scapes with the books. They are so amazing! Originally I suggested they put some on the windows, but that looked tacky, so I had one of my aides move them all down so now they line the shelf under the window all the way across. So perfect! I had my aide go out to the car with me and get all the wood pieces out of my car and we brought them in. I decided to ask for some sandpaper and hemp cord and hook earrings. We were asked to see what math manipulatives we still had and I had boxes and boxes of them. I pulled them off the top shelf in the copier room, plus the three boxes under the counter in there. Later I had my aides pull everything out of the closet in the old computer lab. Then we started to separate them and get all the different kinds in their groups. Some people do not know how to separate. Makes me sad. I started to take the cubes and find out how they originally went together. They had six colors, 17 of four of the colors and 16 of the two others to make 100 pieces. I had to take the tubs and pour them out and put together these packages of 100 each. I got about six bags all together. MakerSpace lunches today. I made some origami jewelry for a display. The students love the hemp cord. I had picked up this weekend.  Then it was time to score volleyball! Love my job!

No comments: