The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Spirit of Unity



I worked hard today to get the library all set up for the reception today for the Spirit of Unity awards. We had five schools honored and one teacher and heard from Professor K (I will get his whole name from work!). It was inspiring. I had the library closed all day and they all came in after the ceremony and loved it. I was a bit sad at first because I thought they were coming in before, and no one showed up. Sad face. But after, Happy Face! Coffee and snacks were all out and ready for everyone! After I made the tissue paper nests for the cranes, the little signs and beads on a string, I was ready to start getting ready for the Scholastic Book Fair. I opened the boxes and put the books on a cart since I didn’t want the carts out during the reception. I used the empty boxes to build my display in my office for all the little stuff. Before I left I put out my signs, the two on metal stands, the new plastic eWallet one (couldn’t get the second one in the ground) and the big sign I put up on the chain link fence for cars driving by. Should be cold in the morning so I was happy to get them out!

No comments: