The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Just Because Gift

Got my new books all ready today! Covered the paperbacks, put in tattle strips. I had a student that wanted the new Hikaru No Go books and I had a new DreamJumper book too, so it was great to see him get excited today and check those out! More MakerSpace stuff today and I put out the Stawbees and made a dog so show them how to use it and some of the students did that today. It’s going a lot smoother without the paints out! I’ve also started to put out the Raspberry Pi carts and some students are enjoying that. We had a fire drill today and since I didn’t have any students that period, I took a book out with me to read during the drill. It was nice! Put in a heat ticket for a Chromebook that had frozen up and a tech came out at the end of the day and got it running. Gave another Chromebook to a substitute teacher. Then had leadership students come in and get eight Chromebooks for their class to use. Definitely a Chromebook day. At the very end of the day, a girl comes in with the heart string art she made and asked for super glue. Mine was all dried up so we settled on a glue stick. She told me it was a present for her mom, no she wasn’t going to paint it, they liked rustic stuff. I asked if it was for Christmas or just because and she smiled and said ‘just because I love her.’ Awww, melted my heart clear away. That made all the MakerSpace worth it.

No comments: