The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Last Three Days

Well, a lot has gone on these last three days. Four class sets of books checked out, the Scholastic Book Fair arrived. Money into print accounts, books repaired (yes, The American Experience!), books checked in and out, monitored the computer lab. What can I say? It's been busy! One of my favorite things, I got to repair an old annotated version of The Wizard of Oz. Awesome book with the old illustrations, very, very nice, but ours was breaking out of the cover, so I took about three days to work on it a bit here, and glue a bit there and today I finally got to put it back on the shelf in much better shape than before. I found a kid in the computer lab that was supposed to be at in-school, so I sent him off. Worked on a very old dictionary repairing it.Processed in some more teacher magazines and magazines for the library. I was happy to see our October issue of Smithsonian showed up! I watched the Book Fair several times when things got busy and helped push in the big silver display cases and did some unpacking. Just a lot of helping students, lots of constant little business stuff to do.

No comments: