The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Checking Out

Had two classes come in today to check out reading books for class and Mrs. H was at a meeting so I was the lone assistant. It took a bit, and I saw some really cool books I'd love to check out and some I already had read, so that was fun. Packed up 6 more boxes of Earth Science books, so those are all done, but no one picked up the set from yesterday! So the ones I packed today are still on the cart. Got in our stuffs I sent to LMSS so I opened all the audio books and had to make envelopes for the new ones, but the old ones were really crammed, so I measured and found one box that fits our manila envelopes (like the 6X10 ones) and cut it to fit. I'd like to find boxes 7 or 8 inches by 20 inches, so we'll see how we can make that work! Stripped all the rest of the new paperback books and though I got out the contact paper to cover, never made it that far. Processed in five magazines. Answered emails. Yes, we want Geometry books - no we don't. Sent off two books from a request. Mrs. H cleared our old Lending Library program, so we'll work on that to see if we can still make it work for us. Though I like the excel sheet, this program does have some good reports she likes. Turned off all the monitors for the night and headed home. Good night!

No comments: