The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Book Wrestling

Nearly a perfect day of nesting with my new books! Putting in strips, putting in due date slips. Finding my series and numbering them. Happy, happy sigh of delight! Did two book talks today as well, talking about how many books are out there. We have about $3,300 worth of lost books since September, and about $48,000 of overdue books!! That's a lot!!! I put up signs for beginning Battle of the Books tomorrow. Put in an announcement for that for tomorrow. Sent off a book to another school. Got a couple in. I also helped tonight with our wrestling program by helping keeping score! It was fun, but I have no idea what the ref saw when he would hold up his arm for red and two fingers for points! I just put it on the scoreboard. Which was fun to work with the electronic score board too! Luckily I had a fellow next to me that kept me on track - it would have been chaos without him, I'm sure!!

No comments: