The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, January 30, 2017

New Start

Hadn't heard anything about passing out schedules, so I moseyed on down to the gym and ended up handing out the new schedules for 20 minutes or so. Today was the first day of the new semester. I have eight aides! What am I going to do with them all??? I will have to be organized! Today I had five of them working on the Order in the Library shelving program, and most of them got done, or nearly done. I also gave a tour of all the places in the building where we keep books! I worked out the shelving sets for everyone and I had two repeat aides! So that was nice to have someone who knew what they were doing! I covered more new paperbacks, including Chi!! So excited to have my favorite kitty in the library. Ah, oh. My Bad Kitty is looking at me...  Got in my Scholastic order today, so excited to see our new country books!! They really do have a nice set!! I got in about twelve? Myanmar, Tibet, Nepal and others and they are all 2017 editions! That should help get my non-fiction average age up a bit! Nice, slick, 144 pages, perfect for our students for research! Checked out 'Kercheski' style for three math classes and finished up one more that a student had started. 

No comments: