The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Check Me-owt!



Love my new little kitty poster I got at the Scholastic book fair! Instead of a cell phone with a selfie, I decided she needed to have a book at her feet and Ms. V said yes, a dog book! So I did that. So cute! Then I surrounded it with dog and cat books. Worked on my Battle of the Books window today and still want to do more with that and highlighted our cooking books up on the non-fiction counter. I might have to bring in some gadgets for that! Did three book talks today on animal books - drats, no one checked any of those out. Hummmm...Did some reading today, the War Dogs graphic novel, really good. Contacted Escape Fiction to get more Battle of the Books books. Totally forgot about the James Dashner book. Why do I always forget one?? Had both lunches in. Checked in a ton of books today. Had my new aide do the 'Order in the Library' and then set her out to clean up and shelve our graphic novel section. Got in some books we lent to an elementary school. A very busy but great day in the library. I love my job!

No comments: