The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

JLG

Today I got a call from JLG - Junior Library Guild and they really are very nice folks and I had their services at one point, but decided to stop. But today since our focus has been on updating our non-fiction, I decided to listen and ended up purchasing two of their non-fiction for middle school packages. It will help keep me on track and they always have great books. So I am looking forward to it. I can change the book they send if I want, so that's a handy feature. That will take nearly all the rest of my extra budget, but there will still be a bit left in there. I think it will be good for the school. The rest of the day I started covering the paperbacks. Then I got ready for our first OBOB meeting. I had nine kids during A lunch, but only one for B lunch. So we'll see if any more are interested in the next week or two. It was the end of the first semester today, and as the students began to leave, someone pulled the fire alarm ~~~!! So we all got some nice afternoon air while we waited to be cleared to go back inside. I got my new ALA posters all laminated today. Gave my departing aides a pick from my box to say thank you for all their hard work. Found out I had a ton of aides for next semester, ten in all! I had four that I questioned because they don't check out books! One girl even said she DID NOT want to be in the library - they moved her, thank goodness!! I worked the wrestling match again today with no help! I did my best, and the ref said I did good. I am off tomorrow, so see you on Monday!

No comments: