The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

AVID Wednesday

On Wednesdays we all have to wear our AVID shirts and I was cold all day! I did take one of my scarves that really opens up to a nice shawl and had that on most of the day in one form or another.  I was to have classes in today to look at World War II books so I spent some time this morning pulling books. Non-fiction was pretty easy and then I did some fiction. I had a Scholastic Book Fair call with my amazing rep and am taking a Webinar on the new registers they are using. Touch screen, WiFi, pretty sweet! Then, the classes did not end up coming in after all, but I'll leave the books for a few days to see if they make it in. I got to talk with the substitute who is really nice. His classes were not in a mind set to have the proper library behavior, so I'm glad they stayed in class. Maybe I'll do a PowerPoint for them on those books! I did a new poster for the new set of STEAM activities. Origami, Go, and K'nex bridges and roller coasters. We'll see how that goes. Covered a book. I had one lunch in, took the Rubik's Cubes and Cubelets out to the car with the help of an aide so I could drive them back to LMSS this afternoon. I ended up leaving just after 3 to get over there. I love going over there, such a great place though I'm not sure I could work there, no windows!!!

No comments: