The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

New Library Picture

I've had this picture since October, but hadn't posted it. So I'm glad it is now on here! I still have some work to do in there, finish up weeding to get the shelf size down, but that may take a bit longer while I work on cleaning up the Language Arts inventory. But, I'm happy it's on there!  I put up a new display in my window for the Scholastic Book Fair with the new books they sent me. It's still a month away, but I was tired of the old display. I finished covering the new books, and then took a picture to send to LA teachers, but decided to try a power point of the new books instead. Nine new books and a quick review for them. We'll see how the teachers like it. It took awhile to get it all together. Helped Mr. M get the new computer hooked up. We have classes in from WOU (Western Oregon Univ.) and the lady is not very tech savvy, so he wanted to switch out the hard drive for one that would work the DVD player. Switched it out and realized the one he brought didn't work either! So he got another one where the DVD did work and we tested it. That took a bit. We finished up the Rubik's Cube loaner kit and I had ten cubes that needed to be solved. I had planned on taking them into our office tomorrow and sent out a call for help! Mr. C who teaches across the hall from me found a student after school who could do them! He did ten in about 10 minutes!! It took me 3 hours to do one! I gave him 20 lion shares (to trade in for stuff at the store!) and Mr. C promised him Reese's pieces! A whole big bag full! He was pretty happy and I got all my cubes cleaned and packed up! Yeah! Home to relax after a huge busy weekend! I may just veg in front of the TV all night since we have plenty of leftovers!

No comments: