The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, February 14, 2020

Dance Time

Today we had the Valentine Dance after school. Amazingly enough the students weren’t too bad today, with candy and all. After being gone yesterday for two medical appointments, it was nice to be back at work today! I put away all my books, and I lost an aide yesterday! I’m not sure why yet, but I ended up putting away her books as well. I finally took down the snowflakes from the windows and the social studies frames on Native American issues. I met my lovely parent who went to the Scholastic meeting in my stead and she is really sweet and a go getter! I’m hoping the fair will be a great success! I boxed up a couple of boxes of withdrawn books today and checked on one of the titles I wasn’t quite sure about. There was also a packet of book pockets, date due slips and check out cards for some of the Junior Library Guild books that had come in! I asked my office about them and they were like, ‘oh no! Those didn’t get processed! Send them back!’ But two had already been checked out! One was back, and I wrote back to say they appeared to be fine. All I needed was to stamp them! I gave them the titles, and they said to go ahead and stamp them and that would be fine! So I did. Then sent the extra pieces back to the LMSS. I had three books to send to other schools. And I got some candy myself today. A good day!

No comments: