The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Four Day Week

I love that I get another short week! And not because of my heart issues! Got the library all opened up for the week. Got the computers all up and running. Spent some time permanently deleting out my trash file. I got 1,200 old emails gone! That clears up space for sure! I sent our principal my rehab schedule and we set a time to talk. Then I also sent her my old powerpoint slide show of what I wanted done for the library during our bond work that should start this summer.  She thought I had great timing to send that! I had no idea! Thanks brain for decided to do that today! I also sent her another email on some technology that ended up in the library. We decided that I will just take sick pay for the hour to leave early for my rehab. It starts Friday, then Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday for the next four weeks. She loved my Powerpoint and I will be on the task force for the bond work to be done at Leslie. She also went over the technology I had, and we got rid of headphones to teachers, the projector back to the PE department and one of the PE teachers also took a printer that was up for grabs! The old keyboard, mouse, monitor and hard drive will head to technology. I also sent an email to our drama teacher to see if he’d like to use our green screen equipment I have. I cleaned up the extra MakerSpace stuff we have and put it on the shelves in the back back room so the table in the textbook room is now free and clear! I had a good A lunch, but B lunch, a group of boys have been coming in that really don’t belong here. Today they took a glue bottle, took off the cap, unscrewed the lid and put it upside down on a piece of paper on the MakerSpace cart. That’s it, I am done with them! Put away books, did a bit of laminating. A very busy Tuesday!

No comments: