The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, February 7, 2020

Trip Home

I realized today about half way through first period that I had forgotten to take my new medication this morning. Only a week out and I forgot. Another reminder on my phone! I had a class in for a book talk and something Ms. C said got me to go, ‘ah, oh....!’ So after they left, I had to get another teacher’s aide out of the library and I ran home (luckily it’s close) and yes, I did forget! I counted pills to make sure! Then headed right back and got back right as first period passing was happening! That was quick! I had picked to go back to LMSS on Tuesday, and after I let my principal know, a teacher that was supposed to come in on Monday said they’d be coming in on Tuesday. Oh no. She may work it out to still come in on Monday, I hope so. I worked pretty steady on the new books today. Had third and seventh period books talks and they actually checked out quite a few of the books I talked about! That always makes me happy. Had both lunches in and I may just let students play with the MakerSpace who can use it in a responsible fashion. They really do not know how to clean up, or use the materials wisely. Some boys were just using tons of the 3D pen filament to make a tower. Like just a mound of filament. When I said I wasn’t going to buy anymore, one quipped that he’d buy some and bring it in. Right..... Got everything shut down for the weekend, and almost done with another book for more book talks. All in all, a good week and I did all five days! Ha!

No comments: