The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

6th Graders In the Building

 Today the 6th Graders got the whole school to themselves. I love it when they are here. They are so polite and shorter than I am! Ha! I really did have fun helping them out to find their way in our crazy school. I sent some The Giver  books to another school. Checked out a whole cart of books to Mr. A. Tried to find more Touching Spirit Bear  for another teacher. Sent notices to tech about why did no one rewire my doors so they would automatically open and close every day? So now they stay locked, all the time and I either have to prop them open, or answer a knock every time someone wants in. :( Not very smart. I also struggled with our staff laptops. I couldn't check any of them out. One of our new custodians actually found a box labeled "IA computers" and I was so excited! And again, they are not in the system. We had a technician in to work with some other people and I waylaid him and asked what was up, and he responded that staff computers are not in the system. So I can just give them out. Hummm. I was able to give out some this afternoon, and staff was happy. I also packed up and put the rest of the computers into the boxes that we had found last week also in the room off the library that were most likely computers that were packed up from students last spring and never made it down to technology for their clean up and reboot. I also helped out our new EDGE teacher who was given a home in the room next to the library. He was very appreciative of my support. That was nice. Laminated several things at the end of the day and off to home. All the students will be back tomorrow!

No comments: