The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, September 16, 2021

A Wednesday and a Thursday

 I came into work on Wednesday to see police cars, all over the place. On the street I came in on, another pulling into some new houses across the gully, and one that was sitting by Leslie's front door. I passed by him and noted that I had seen several cars and he asked if there was someone who could pull up student names for him and so I took the officer into the building and no one was in the office! So I told him we'd head down to the library where I could pull up names and there were our principal and assistant principal getting ready for our meeting and I turned the officer over to them. The reason they were out in such force turned out to possibly be false information. We did test our lockdown procedures and went into a Level 1 Lockdown with our new announcement system and it worked really well. I did some laminating after the meeting and worked with students all day on tackling Chromebook issues. Either solving it or turning in the one they had for a new one. Had my first lunch in and I must say, I was pretty impressed with the students and how they handled themselves. It went better than I expected. I worked on the old Makerspace cart, taking away the paint and glue and just putting out the stuff I didn't need to worry about getting into the new carpet, but I didn't really have it out, just had the games out. We had a fire drill and I was so busy closing all the fire doors in the library that I totally forgot my mask to go outside and to come back into the building, drats!! 

Thursday was a regular day and I put in my first finished book notice to Ms. Smith on Ancestor Approved. Very nice book! I also got her 20 picture books checked out for next Monday for her next unit. Checked out Chromebooks to many teachers today since we have so many. Found out that I need to make a tech ticket for the returned Chromebooks that have issues, that will take some doing! I have to break them up into groups of the same issue, write the ticket with how many and then Tech will pick them up and bring new ones. I took those that had issues and marked them all as 'out for repairs' just to keep our records straight of what is really available. Checked out books here and there today. Had a math class into the library because the internet wasn't working in their room for the iReady testing they were doing. Worked on more Makerspace things and since I won't let them paint, I found we had a ton of watercolor packs and decided to make take home bags of some instructions, a pack, some watercolor paper. We'll see how it goes! I could not print them in color :( so I'm working on that for my instructions. A not too bad day all together though I am ready for Friday and the promise of rain.

No comments: