The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Quieter Day

 No classes in today so I was able to poke my head above the Chromebook waters and get my bearings a bit. I still had students coming in to get Chromebooks all throughout the day. We had a glitch in our district, and I heard even through the country that Google was having problems. I had four students come in saying that they signed in, then the screen just went back to signing in. Luckily I saw in our library chat that everyone was having that problem, so I had students go through with me and Tech had gotten things to where they could sign in again. Yeah Tech! I got Geography books up to our Social Studies teacher today - he was down and I asked him when he wanted them, and he said, 'oh, last Friday' so I was able to find a moment and get them out and checked out and up to him. Had Leadership students come and take some of the Chromebook boxes they had all come in for a project. I boxed up withdrawn books. Took a box of Chromebooks upstairs to our DLC kids. Then their teacher came down and we went through my AEM cart and got the rest their devices for the year. Had students who didn't bring their Chromebook today and wanted one for the day, but policy is that every teacher gets one extra for class, at the moment until we are all done with students, which we are close to, but not quite there yet. Took my aide's attendance on time today (yeah!). And finished up with just a hint of lamination and working with a teacher on grammar resources. Cleaned up my desk a bit. Did some emailing with our JLG rep on the new bid for this year. Made passes for students to come to the library during lunches starting tomorrow. I asked if only five could come. That would be perfect. But really we could 40. Le sigh. 40. I hope I make it through lunch time.

No comments: