The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Last Week


I was excited to see the changes in the library after bond work. The carpet is beautiful! The pony wall is gone! The kiosks around a support beam are gone! But for some reason, they put the gates back in - What??? The workers said the orders were to 'remove and re-install them'. Ugh. Right over the new carpet. And my principal and I had said to not put them back up, but apparently, no one told the workers :( They have got to go! I spent the week putting the non-fiction onto the new shelves that I had taken off last year, that was a lot of books! I finally got them all done and I think there is room for all the graphic novels over there. I decided I didn't really want any of the old wooden shelves in there, it does look so nice and clean! I also noticed as I was moving books, the carts made a quiet 'shoosh' noise as they moved over the carpet. That was soooo cool! I love it! We had all teachers in one day for new year meeting, and the next day ALL staff were in the library and there was room for everyone! So very, very cool! I also had 70 boxes of Chromebooks that are to be handed out to students. Twelve Chromebooks in each one with their chargers! They were heavy and I was glad to have my cart. I loaded four boxes at a time and took them into the back. Where they settled nicely into the space on the floor in between where all the non-fiction had resided for months. It was a perfect space! I also took the boxes and put them in order to just make sure that I really did have all 70 boxes, and I did! And they are all in the system and ready to go for check out. A very busy week for the four days (we always get the Friday off before Labor Day weekend) and all is well in the library! Students arrive Tuesday! (which is really today, but I had to wait on this because, well, I was just being lazy).

No comments: