The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

100th Post!

Welcome to my 100th post! I worked with my aide this morning getting Roland Smith books out for our displays. I made sure that we had copies on the shelves for students to read before he comes and put a 'Roland Smith books' tag out for students to find his section easier. We had a box of books delivered to see if we wanted any for the school and we had to turn them all back in. I checked the instructions and called their 800 number, got the return code and followed their directions on sending it back. It should be picked up within 3-5 business days. I had my aide help me take it to the office and we had three boxes of books waiting from processing at LMSS to cover and get on our shelves. Huzzah! I had him unload all the boxes onto a cart for covering and I showed our sub for Mrs. H how to do the laminated covers. I helped the aides read shelves, showing them how it needs to be done. I laminated a ton of stuff that's been left the last couple of days and had Mrs. S ask if I could do hers she was just finishing up and Ms. R also snuck a poster in as well! I processed some magazines, repaired books, showed Ms. G how to run the DVD/Infocus machine for her presentation tonight. When Mr. A came to use it, I said 'No!' that's for someone else! So he and Mr. R got together our other set using the computer instead.

No comments: