The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Word Art

In my car with me today, and sitting in the back were the two large posters that were used at my husband's calligraphy workshops with the artist Timothy Botts, so I brought them in and had them displayed all day back by my calendar. I sent an email to staff so they knew to come by or send students by to see his 'word art'. Several people did come by. I started the day helping a student with SK Online, our on-line course program. She needed help with Algebra so I pulled up my chair and we went through the sections together until she reached her quiz. I checked in class sets of Othello and A Midsummer Night's Dream. Processed one magazine and put two others in the teacher mailboxes. Spent most of the day working on repairing The American Experience books. Mrs. H was gone, her son needed more surgery on his leg and she'll be gone the rest of the week. Mrs. J is doing a fantastic job on our main library bulletin board for Roland Smith coming and got the permission slips sent out for students that want to attend his talk. She is so awesome!

No comments: