The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Book Selling

Today I walked in and nearly right out again as Mrs. H decided we both needed to go over to Pringle and pick up some books to sell for Roland Smith's appearance on the 30th. Then we came back and set up a table in the commons and put the books out to sell, had order forms and the forms for the students that want to attend his talk during both lunches. Then I checked out Great Gatsby's, and repaired my pile I had sitting on the shelf behind me. Tried to find a lit book with Cyrano de Bergerac in it. Talked to a teacher about our 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens book and the workbooks that go along with it. Talked with Mrs. A on an article in the paper and then told her I'd seen an article in Business News on the mock interviews, helped a student that needed to purchase a lost book. Talked with a mom who's son needed a second textbook. Wanted to get my German trading card, but it was too busy so I just went back to the library. Helped a student find an easier to read copy of Julius Caesar (by Shakepeare). Sent a thank you to Mr. Johnston for his bagpipe playing yesterday (and asked him if he'd come in on my birthday!), and registration ended today so our library will be back to normal tomorrow!

No comments: