The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Books to Movies

Yeah! It's Read Across America Day! When they do announcements, mine is totally forgotten, so Lisa grabs a copy of it and reads it over the intercom a few minutes late! She goes to bat for me all the time - a great boss! We did have 5 kids that I know of bring me books that had been made into movies and they got a free book from Lisa's cart. I worked on Ms. A's request for class sets of Othello and A Midsummer Night's Dream. Some of the Othello books were really old (75 cents a copy!) and not holding up very well, so I taped the spines before I sent them out. Processed a magazine, dealt with student requests all day, lots of individual books to check out and in. A student returned a lost copy of a book and I approved that he was clear and to send out his report card. I got ready books for tomorrow:
Witness and Algebra Connections 2, did some repairs, cleared a billed text, added in print accounts to student computers, worked with a student aide who did an excellent job reorganizing our library Shakespeare collection and also worked with him on some other duties around the library, added in more film to my calendar (thank you very much Ms. M!) and kept up the books on the tables (moving them back and resetting them up after lunches), putting money in print accounts and I never got time to read myself today, so I think I'll go do that now! Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! You made a great difference to a lot of readers!

No comments: