The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, March 13, 2009

No Announcements

We had a campaign speech assembly today and they didn't end on time so I didn't get to show our video announcements ~ The library was very quiet and I was the only one in there during assembly since seniors had their group photo taken out on the football field and everyone else was supposed to be at the assembly. I worked on the repairs that had sat for gluing from the night before and spent most of the day working more 'layers' of their repair. Gluing corners, then end papers, then taping and covering up bad tears. Each 'layer' requires gluing and a sit over night, but I did get the cart I had pulled emptied so every book has been looked at and is in the process of repair. I also did a copy of Twilight and a Sears Roebuck Catalogue 1897 that needed some gluing. I did check in and out some kids today, processed a couple of magazines, voted on the Manga debate of whether or not SKSD (Salem Keizer School District) should leave the graphic novels as 741.5(9....) or put them all into fiction. It's a real toss-up and other libraries are all over the board on how to classify them. I put our new books that our aide and our substitute librarian covered on the spinner rack we usually reserve for Ms. O to show them off. A good day of repairing.

No comments: