The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Count Down!

"10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1- We're out of here!" So funny to hear the seniors who were in the library today counting down to the last bell of their high school life. Checked in books all day, yes, all day. Shipped off books to McKay HS, called Silverton HS and asked if we needed to ship out books that were turned in here. They said no, those books were long gone and to just surplus them. So a call saved us some shipping money. Did some repairs in between here and there when I had a chance. Straightened out Mr. M's check out list, and Mr. J's. Since Mrs. J wasn't in, I started sending e-mails to our bookkeeper on billed books, returned books that may have been billed, so Mrs. S came and asked if I could just print up the slips and turn them in once a day! Yes, we talked about this before I had forgotten, so I felt bad to make extra work for her! We got in our 'employee come back to work' notices today and I'm expected back on August 25th - Huzzah! So I signed it and turned it in! Processed Time for the library and a couple of teacher magazines. Put money in print accounts. We still have about 210 seniors with textbooks out.

No comments: