The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Book Review

With our new book display, we have a bulletin board on the top level and I thought it would be great if we all did reviews on books we're reading from our library. Since I just finished Hood by Stephen Lawhead, I did a display for mine using some of the wallpaper in our closet and a "Mrs. Willer just finished:" sign with my review of Hood and then a 'Currently reading: Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett' since I got that from our library as well. I helped a student with his box project, checked in a passel of students turning in their books, monitored the computer lab. We didn't have anyone scheduled in all day except one class, so the labs were for students studying or finishing up homework or assignments since finals start Wednesday. The Ebsco rep called and said he knew that Mrs. H was gone for the day, but he'd still like to stop by and talk with us. So, when he came in, Mrs. M and I sat with him and we discussed the services Ebsco provides. I wrote up his main points and sent an e-mail to Mrs. H when we were all done and put his brochures on her desk. Processed in three teacher magazines and Time and Smithsonian for us. Did a few repairs, printed up the 8 period schedule for tomorrow to post on the side of the textbook window and one for me for reference when kids ask "Now when is this period over?"

No comments: