The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010


January 12th: Finished up the overdue notices today and Mrs. M got them all delivered to the teachers for them to pass out to students. I spent most of the day repairing The American Experience. I had fun with one that had a bent cover, like trying to break in half. I was able to remove the endpaper and the cover paper, remove the bent and breaking down cardboard inners. Then I went to our cover box (where we keep old covers for our book projects in the spring) and found a nice hard one, cut it to size and began with gluing it onto the front cover. I'm very happy with it. I did an inventory on books on hand and we are missing two of them, so I have listed them as 'lost.' I also worked in the back and found some books, Possibilities, that no one has checked out since 2003. Ten of them weren't even on the computer and their codes came up that they were Writer's Inc. books! I've sent out an e-mail to see if anyone wants/or will use them.

No comments: