The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cycling Freshmen

Today I went in early since I needed to be in and help the freshmen get through their CIS program. Little did I know that not one, not two, but three classes of freshmen would cycle through in 2 hours, 20 minutes. Wow! I was busy helping each of them get logged in, filling in their personal information, their classes and filling out a worksheet. I also checked on some Teacher Express resources, packed up some workbooks that Follett bought from us, processed in four teacher magazines and six for the library. Checked the repairs I did on the last two Realidades and they look good, so I barcoded/processed them and they are all set. Begged for another copy of Bien dit! 2 for Ms. B from another school. I got to try out one of the things I learned on my training, to make a bunch of barcode labels at once instead of one at a time. It worked great! Also got the approval to ship out the old german books and half of the spanish 1 & 2 old books. So I withdrew the Wir, die Jugend and got almost all of them packed up before I left today. We also had a teacher come to me with the new People magazine and its focus on bullying, and I could show her the new Time magazine on cyberbullying and give her several books off my shelf to show the teachers. They were going to do a training on suicide prevention and bullying was included in there. Glad to help!

No comments: