The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pizzicato

We had our wonderful orchestra in again today playing Sarabande and Pizzicato! So much ear candy! Finished up the surplus boxing from the Friday half day - 31 boxes total all packed, marked and ready to go! Shifted shelves for the language books, since I surplussed out half the Bienvenidos, could make some room. Some of the shelving made no sense, 40 books on one shelf, the one underneath could only hold 8, so I evened them out and renumbered them. Checked out two classes, one of Fahrenheit 451, the other Prentice Hall Platinum lit books. Checked in and out various other books during the day. Checked out a student leaving us. She is going to South with two textbooks still out to her, and a library book. So I noted them. The office asked me to bill her, so I did. We had decided our 6th period aides needed to listen to Channel One before they began work for the day. So I rounded them up and they listened nicely, then off to work! Helped a student with deleting columns on a spreadsheet, checked students in the lab making sure they had passes and signed in our log book, entered in a new student and got her texts for her classes. Processed in one teacher magazine and a library magazine. Checked in a stack of books left on my desk. Put money in print accounts.

No comments: