The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Life Ring

Checked out 24 individual requests for texts throughout the day. Talked with Ms. A on texts for her students and she brought in two classes this afternoon to check out The Adoration of Jenna Fox. Mrs. M needed a quote on some books, so I checked my sites and sent out some e-mails for pricing.When we have technical issues, we will often go directly to Mr. B and ask him for help, but still put in a 'Life Ring' so they can catalogue issues and time. So I had a student that couldn't access SK OnLine, so I asked Mr. B to help her, and put in the Ring for his log book. Did 2 simple book repairs. We have one Art History book in the library to study, but another student needed one as well, so I got her one from the back. Processed in two teacher magazines and five for the library. Mrs. H wanted one that dealt with Alzheimers for her Diversity class, so I just handed it to her rather than putting it on the shelf. One of our other teachers wanted to get the last People magazine on bullying, and I found it today, checked it out to her and put it in her mailbox for her to retrieve and let her know I found it. Also did money into print accounts and looked up log-in numbers. Pulled books for tomorrow, The Eye, the Ear and the Arm and Abraham Lincoln's DNA. Worked more on the shelving in the back, getting all the spanish done up to the new books, reconfiguring the spacing on the shelving. Mrs. H is doing a book talk on fantasy/sci fi/ type books along with some other genres, so she came over and went over some of my recommendations for her to talk about.

No comments: