The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

9:45

So Mrs. H was off to a workshop today and so Mrs. M and I handled the library. There were no subs, so the office worked it out with teachers on their prep to have a certified teacher present, but with all the counselors and admin there for forecasting, it was just extra nice. I worked on the last of the covers we needed laminated and Mrs. H had said that the laminator was acting up, so I went up and talked to Mrs. M about all that, and she's going to put on a new roll since getting it fixed isn't really in the budget right now. We'll keep the rest of that roll and see if the new roll will work. If it does, then I can laminate the last of the oversized books! We had a whole bank of computers go down and I went to Mr. A to address it then threw in a life ring and we talked about the documentation that the techs have to go through. Turns out that the site on the net went down, not our computers. I came in late because on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays we have Manga Club in the library after school and Mrs. H asked if I'd stay until 4 so they could still meet, so I did. Helped Mr. M find his briefcase he forgot this morning, got the machines all ready for the inservice tomorrow morning in the library. Cleaned up, found a lost book. We were certainly very busy all day with just the two of us, another class came and checked out Geometry Connections V2 and checked in their V1 and a lot of other kids came to get books we've been doing the last couple of weeks.

No comments: