The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bulletin Board

I know I did more than work on my bulletin board, but that was a big part of my day. I wanted to do a big sports theme, and we have a lot of good books on sports and highlight the Sprague teams. So I worked on that. I also took my honoring of the armed forces books and put them out for kids to read and check out on the new rack over behind the couch. I put Sports Illustrated magazines on the rack by my desk as well. Now I just have to find some sports stuff! So at home I found a baseball bat and ball, a basketball net (I think I will 'dunk' a basquetball book into it!) and some golf stuff. I also monitored labs, put in a request by Mr. N that our computers can launch RealPlayer because he wants his kids to have a great experience on the Holocaust Museum site. I also ran the front desk today after Mrs. M left because Mrs. H was out helping the schools that no longer have teacher librarians that are in our area. It was very busy! Checked out books today for various students and staff, put money in print accounts, helped students access the computer by getting them their login numbers or resetting their accounts. We also got new Oly t-shirts today and when I was ready to go home, I still hadn't gotten mine so I went up to the office and I had been checked off! So, now I finally have a t-shirt for tomorrow!

No comments: