The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Left Out in the Rain

This poor sad book was left outside in our massive rainstorm last weekend. It was brand new. Only checked out three times. My soul was hemorrhaging along with this book. It is way beyond fixable for me. So the student said they will pay for it. I put it on my next order. Checked out three classes of new books today. Cleaned up the library for the parent club meeting tonight! It looked pretty darn spiffy when I left! Laminated some things. Put all the graphic novels away. Did some more ordering for books for after winter break. Cleaned off the back workroom table and scrubbed it. Got some of the books I repaired back out there today. A sad day. I shall have to have a memorial service for this book. A nice little bed inside the surplus box, a tissue. Maybe even a blanket. So sad.

No comments: