The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

2nd Place Team Tacocat!!

I am so excited our district Battle of the Books team took 2nd place this afternoon over at Houck Middle School! I left school about 3:10 this afternoon and met them over at Houck. The battle started at 4pm and ended around 4:50! Everyone knew that the FBI team would win and I was thinking Tacocat had a good chance at 2nd or 3rd, but was so happy when they got 2nd!! They beat out the third place team by only 1 point! I am so proud of them! We had our final meeting during A lunch today and I had to do a bit of finagling for one of our students. His mom doesn't have a car, so she was going to come by the school using the bus, pull him out of class early, then they had to ride the bus all the way into downtown, then take another bus back out to Houck. A good couple of hours. Luckily, one of the other boys called and asked his dad if the other boy could ride over with them, and he said yes. What wonderful parents we have at our school! That was amazing on a nearly last minute notice! We battled ten other teams from around Salem, so I am very proud of their 2nd place finish! Had two classes in to check in/out books today. Did another math book set, I think we are getting about done. Did some laminating before I left today. A fairly quiet day in the library! Needed that! I even got to shush (!) students today while Ms. V had prospective students in today for an AVID presentation! I love my job!!

No comments: