The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Rest

Went around today to the science rooms and poked and prodded around to try and find a bit of the 51 still missing books and no luck. Worked on cleaning up magazines from the library program this morning and got those all deleted, then had a few titles that asked if I wanted to delete them too. So I said yes. Ah, oh. That also deletes the MARC record and after a few emails our LMSS office guru called and I let her know that it was only about 6 magazine titles that no one else in the district had, and no, I didn't do that to any books! The copier went down and the tech called and asked me to try some things, but even though I got some of it reset, it still needed a technician. The rest of the day was pretty normal. I let students and staff know on announcements that they will have until June 5th to check out books and a few kids came to say they were happy with that. Checked in and out here and there. Had a lot of students in again today studying and getting work caught up. Let my textbook aides have the day off, they could just sit and read since they did fabulous with the inventory! Love my job! Took the surplus books and sent a box to LMSS.

No comments: