The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

12 Hour Day

A regular school day for the students, but we had conferences tonight as well.  So I was in at 7:30 this morning and out at 7:30 tonight. Tomorrow I get to leave at 7! Yeah! Back to school today! I had two book talks, I did for Ms. R on Peak by Roland Smith (I just saw today he’s got a new Peak novel coming out!!), The Thief by Margaret Whalen Turner (our OBOB book!), The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart, Outcasts United and Wrinkle in Time. The students were way too interested in the book fair. I don’t think any of them checked out the books I talked! I also had Mr. A’s math classes in today. They were working on a game using cards and they were really into it! He had four classes in. I also had a meeting with two of my OBOB students in. After school I put up some Book Fair signs and then worked on book repairs. I had to make some decisions on whether to repair, or to get rid of a book. Sometimes it’s hard to decide to surplus a book, but some are old, have been repaired many times and time for them to go. As much as I love repairing, I just don’t have the time anymore. Made about $300 in the book fair today, lots of parents came in to buy for their kids. One of my favorite students came in with her mom and we’ve had many meetings over book fairs and sad that this is her last one. Glad to see her one last time! 11.5 hours to go tomorrow and then spring break! Huzzah!

No comments: