The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Almost Twelve...

I was supposed to work only 11.5 hours today and almost got out on time! Today was conferences all day so I worked on my repairs most of the morning. Did some laminating, teacher posters and book covers. Got some books back out on the shelves. Printed up my last two book orders so I could check them out against what actually comes and what I need to reorder. Put away all the books on the cart. Checked in all the books brought back today (a whole bin full) and put them away. I usually listen to some music during conferences because the library is usually pretty quiet, but I had some audio books that students had told me didn’t work. So I put in a new battery and started last night to listen to ‘Al Capone Does My Shirts’, then did ‘Wrinkle in Time’ today read by Madeleine L’Engle!! Finished that one and went on to ‘Fairest’ by Gail Carson Levine. I just had them low in the background, but the first two played great and so far on ‘Fairest’ all is well to chapter 20. Took money up to the bookkeeper so it’s in the safe over the break. Packed up the book fair. Bought the books I took out of the book fair with my Scholastic $$. I think I had about the lowest book fair ever, which says a lot about our population and how that shift is occurring. But I did some great sales today, so ended up about $1,700. Not bad. I’ll get about another $600 to buy books for the library. Glad today is over, see you on the other side of April!

No comments: