The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Compressions to Lady GaGa


Yes, the firefighter paramedics were in today teaching our 8th graders CPR. We had them in 5 of the 7 periods and they had a great time making sure our kids knew the rules! Did you know that you no longer have to breathe for the victim?? I didn’t! To do the compressions they played a Lady GaGa song that was about 120 beats per minute. I must admit I didn’t know the song but the word ‘dance’ was in there! Made some more $$ on the Book Fair, another $150! Way more than what I thought we did. Cleaned up scattered books. Almost got all the student aide reviews done. I reset all the tables this afternoon and cleaned them so we’re back to our ADA required spaces. Put new tape down so they’d be easy to put back next time. A great day and I think the students learned enough to keep someone alive until help can arrive. A wonderful way to give back to the community on all accounts!

No comments: