The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, March 2, 2018

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

I got in and put in an announcement right away about it being Dr. Seuss' day! I stood in the hallway reading out Dr. Seuss books during passing all day. Played a video of Green Eggs and Ham along with The Sneetches today during our lunch times. It was fun to see the students come in, look, get hooked and sit and watch the videos. Made me smile! I worked some more on my Titlewave list today and added in 52 country books at $23 each and went way, I mean way over budget! I have about $1,100 left to go and the quote was around $3,000! All right, time to delete books! Then my favorite librarian was at a conference and started sending me texts with 'do you have this? be sure you order this!' so I looked them over and added some regular fiction books! I ended up at about $1,300. Might have to add a few more in because there are always books that they are out of or are not published yet, so we'll see! Enjoyed most of the day and ready for the weekend! Goodnight!

No comments: