The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

One Golden Snitch

Today was pretty normal in the library. We had a few students in here and there working on projects, but for the most part, quiet. I had reading groups come in and check out their group books. Some came from another school and I thought, ‘hey! I’ll just put in a request for each kid that checks out a book then the other school can just approve it and we’ll be good to go!’ Yeah, that totally didn’t happen! So I ended up putting notes on their accounts of which book and barcode they checked out and then sending all that to the school that sent me the books. This time though, I also kept the list so I could have it when they all come back. Book Fair did pretty good today. Lots of books got put away since we couldn’t yesterday with the Paramedics in. Got all my aides’ book reviews graded, well, not graded, but commented on so I can return them tomorrow. Got them all printed up and in our reviews binder. Got our hours for next week. We work two long day and a half days and get Friday off, so we had to turn in our intentions for that. Talked to Scholastic and they are not picking up the fair until after we come back from spring break, yeah! I was thinking they’d be there on Thursday sometime, but no! We’ll be able to keep the fair open for the whole conference times. And a Golden Snitch is on its way here. One of our students really wanted one for her sibling for their birthday and the warehouse found one and is sending it. She was so excited today when I let her know!

No comments: