The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Student Returned!

My order for PermaBound got submitted today and I was doing my Happy Dance, clicking my heels up in the air and happy to get in new books! We also got a notice to start wrapping up our ordering for the year so I worked on that a lot today with Titlewave. I picked up some books from old lists that I never got. Found some really cool new books that I may or may not get depending on when the order goes in since some are not quite available yet, even though they are on the catalogue. Had some really nice interactions with students today looking for books. Had two boys that were looking for a specific book that we were all out of, so we poked around, looked up lists and I found them two books that they were happy to get and be able to read right away and we also put a hold on the books they wanted. Changed out my Black History month book timeline to Dr. Seuss since it is Read Across America tomorrow! I have my whole counter covered with most of the Dr. Seuss books I have. Tomorrow I will put out other books as well out on the tables for the day. Should be fun! Laminated today and got our new Library Aide passes done. I had one of my students make us up new ones (the two we had left were here when I first came nearly four years ago, they were getting pretty ragged!). And they look really nice. Helped Mr. M with the set up for the presentation of how Salem is answering the safety question and what we are doing about it. I hope there are many people who will come. And more good news! A student returned my mini USB! I was so proud of him! There are reasons why, but I told his teacher about it and she was impressed as well. So happy days! I used some of my very strong, sticky fiber tape to make taking it a bit more difficult should someone else try it!

No comments: