The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, October 4, 2021

Time Capsule

 As I walked in the door this morning, I glanced at the little plaque on the wall about the time capsule from the old Leslie. I had to stop when I saw that it was to be opened this November! The 5th to be exact! I let our principal know. Now I'm kind of excited about what it all is! We had our tech guy in today and he recovered another 10 computers to come back on. He only had to take about 20 back to his office to get worked on. I did ten, he did ten, so we recovered half of what was there and we could get back into circulation. That was great as I answered questions and got that settled. I packed more boxes today and got rid of the last big cart of books that I had withdrawn last year. Then I started on packing up the Language Network books, they weigh 2.15 pounds each! That's a hefty little book! I had unpacked all those big math books, so I started using those boxes to pack them. I had both lunches in, took my lunch during Advisory. Then I started working on the teacher resources for those. They are big spiral bound books. So I had to cut off the spiral end and then roll them through the holes to the end. I noticed the section papers were nice and thick. Not quite cardstock, but good enough to make book marks out of them, so I did! They made a lot. I got through about eight of those. I put the rest of the papers and ends into our recycling bins. I had my 6th period aide work on the book marks as I worked on the old transparencies books. Back in the day when teachers all used overhead projectors (!), and started pulling those apart. There is paper between each transparency, so I am saving all of those and throwing away the actual transparency. I'll keep the notebook as well for someone to use. A pretty good day for a Monday.

No comments: